Khamis, 18 Jun 2009

The Rain


When I was just a little girl
My hair was made of ribbons and curl
I would sit by my small window
And watch the rain that seem to glow

There was this rhyme that mother taught me
I still remember the words vividly
Standing on the stairs
I would swing and sway
Rain, rain go away
Come again another day
Because of you I couldnt play

If rain brought lightning and thunder
I felt safe next to my grandfather
Out of wisdom he taught me a prayer
Now grandfather is gone from this world so earthly
As it rains....
I still remember to recite oftenly
The prayer, my grandfather had whispered to me

Rain was there in my teens
Locked in a magical garden of youth
On the top of the hill
There was a field
Casuarinas decorated the rill
We the princesses of that land
Treated the rain, like some kind of good friend
We had buckets and pails or anything of that sort
In colorful t-shirts or short greenie shots
Be it the basketball or on the tennis court
Our school sweet school turned a holiday resort

Rain..it is full of mystic magic
It is when my heart felt most nostalgic
The things I miss, I miss most of all
When the heavy, heavy rain starts to fall

Rain...brings a special memory
Of a brave young man in my history
Out of life and all its glory
I loved him and he loved me
Our story, story of love
Was short and brief
Had began and ended in nothing but grief
Life didnt flow like the pattern we cut
It rain deeply, quietly..inside our heart

Nevertheless
I Thank You God The Almighty
For All the rain he poured on me
Now...So young a lady I may not be
But Rain to me remains to be

Tranquility
A courtesy
An Integrity
Resilience in the face of Absurdity!

Aasiya
-As it rains

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan