Jumaat, 19 Jun 2009

The Oath Not Taken

I swear
To fulfill the best of my ability and judgement
This Oath and this Covenant

I will respect
The driver of other vehicle
On all the routes which I roam and travel

I will apply
For the benefit of others
All requirement of safety measures

Therefore
I must drive carefully
With the highest sense of responsibility

I will avoid
To be the cause of motor vehicle accident
If occured I know
Will be a life long mental and physical burden

All men shall be my brothers
All women are either mothers, sisters and daughters
This I must empathy
Their lives are
As precious as those who are dear to me

I will not be ashamed to stop and sleep
If the journey proved to be too tiring to keep
Nor will I take drugs to stay awake
The life of my passengers should never be at stake

I will remember
The road is not an F1 circuit
My vehicle not a racing car
I must drive according to prescribed speed
Regardless the journey
Near or far

I must remember
I remain a member of a society
And I have this obligation
To all human there is humanity
To value life right from contraception

I must pray
For a safe and sound journey
Till the arrival to our destiny
And May for those who seek my service
Their life and mine will be a bliss

If I ..do not violate this oath
May I enjoy life and art
Be able to continue to play my part
To act as to preserve the tradition of my calling
And may I long experience, the joy of driving

Aasiyaa
(If she was a bus, lorry or contena driver
-inspired by Hypocratic Oath
-inspired by deaths on the road)

2 ulasan:

  1. A nice twist to the hippocratic oath :)


    Ami (TKC 81-85)
    http://amie689.deviantart.com/

    BalasPadam
  2. actually there was an accident...a bus with so many deaths.

    BalasPadam