Jumaat, 19 Jun 2009

In Memory

Once there was not so long ago
In the land by the lake
There live a doctor for whom you may know
Who give and give and hardly ever take

By the shake of our hands
And the smile that he sends
This in my brain I could sense
The very first word I spoke to this gent
'Your eyes are scleric
'You look anemic
Forgive me my friend
Dont you think you are kind of sick?

Eventhough the smile has now spread to the cheek
Those sad scleric eyes so silently speak
I know that my eyes are kind of scleric
Most of the time in my life I've been anemic
But my friend, I don't consider myself sick
Not until, the anemia is noted to be symptomatic

So once there was when life was hectic
We had a team mate, he was B thalasemic
Eventhough we all thought he should be frail and weak
He was compasionate and kind and mostly Altruistic
Once there was when life was terribly hectic
We look up on him, as a reason to be energetic
Once we felt like in the lowest form of human life
We had him as a token to strive!

For every now and again he needed transfusion
How he smiled about it is still my greatest confusion?
If occasionally, I were anemic out of menoragic menstruation
I would be lazy and grumbly, so determine to express my exhaustion
Never mind The Sarcastic, The Cynical
The Rude and The Arrogant
This guy was Cool and Calm
Still so Polite and Unbelievably Prudent

One day
As expected
Like every living being should
He Died
And we who daily dealt with dead bodies
On seeing his
We cried and cried

We still speak of him today
And found ourself teary eyed
Once though, i dreamt of him passing me by
And he Smiled!

Aasiyaa
(In memory of Dr Mahizal Armin
A Thalassemia patient
A doctor
A friend)

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan